Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tacos de Pescado, Elote-Style Corn, and Cilantro Lime Rice


Today I put to use some of the fish that my esposo, Ben, caught when he went fishing in Alaska.  We fried Pacific Cod and made fish tacos!





Ben breaded the fish by dipping the fillets in egg wash, dipped the fillets in buttermilk, and then in panko crumbs. Panko crumbs are Japanese bread crumbs and are nice and flaky. 
After Ben completed this process he put the breaded fillets in the refrigerator and let them sit for about 15-20 minutes. 


Meanwhile, I made cilantro-lime rice.  I boiled a mix of 2 cups chicken stock and 1- 1 1/2 cups water (I eye-balled it).  I then added 2 cups of long grained rice, the zest of two limes, the juice of two limes, and roughly chopped cilantro to the liquid mix.  Once everything was mixed in nicely, I reduced the heat to a simmer and covered the sauce pan and let the rice cook about 20 minutes.  


Ben roasted some corn on the grill and when it was done I sliced off the kernels of the corn, put them in a bowl, and mixed mayonnaise, paprika, cayenne pepper (not too much), and a few pinches of salt.  Yummy--and very similar to eating elotes (roasted corn on the cob). 


During this time, Ben took the fish and began pan frying it in an iron cast skillet for about 6-7 minutes on both sides.  


I had pickled some cabbage overnight so we made the tacos using corn tortillas, fried cod, pickled cabbage, avocado slices and Ben put a few pieces of goat cheese on his taco.  We ate the elote-style corn and cilantro-lime rice as sides and I must say...it was DELICIOSO!! 


This is a super delicious recipe and I hope it turns out as sabroso for you as it was for us!  


Until next time...Adios from la Cocina Sabrosa  :)     



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fish tacos were awesome and the pickled cabbage provided a nice bite. I especially like the elote-like roasted corn dish; it was super delicious. I also like the rice as a great alternative to the traditional tomato-sauce based Mexican rice. Those side dishes go with anything. Love it!