Friday, September 17, 2010

Refreshing Sangria

I have tried many versions of Sangria and I have to say, this is by far my most favorite!
When my hubby and I were in Spain we had Sangria and it was so refreshing that I couldn't wait to get back to the States and try out some recipes.

I serve this Sangria at all my parties and it is always a hit.  It is so simple, and I like to make it either the night before or the morning of my party to allow all the flavors to marry together and let the fruit soak up the alcohol.
Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 bottle of red wine (I prefer using Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brandy
1/3 cup Cointreau
1/2 cup lemon flavored vodka
1 bottle (2 liter) lemon-lime soda
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
2 cups sliced strawberries

Directions:
Combine all ingredients, except for the strawberries and soda, in a pitcher.
Put in the refrigerator over night (or a few hours before you serve).  Add the strawberries and pour the soda in the pitcher right before you serve.

No comments: